Our terms and conditions have been set out to ensure all guests enjoy a safe and relaxing time whilst visiting Murray Gums Estate. Please read this information carefully as it contains important information about events at Murray Gums Estate in Moama.
For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
- ‘Event Order’ means the form provided to you prior to your event stating all details of your function. ‘Business Day’ means any day from Monday to Friday inclusive, except public holidays.
- Your chosen date will be held tentatively for fourteen (14) days, from the date the Murray Gums Estate accepts your booking.
- Confirmation of your booking is required in writing to Murray Gums Estate, and a deposit payment made (paragraph three (3) below) within fourteen (14) days of making your booking.
If a signed copy of this “Terms and Conditions” document and a deposit is not received by Murray Gums Estate within fourteen (14) days, the venue will be released, and your booking may be canceled. Exceptions and extensions may apply at management’s discretion.
- A $1000 deposit/bond is required within fourteen (14) days of booking. The deposit/bond is to be paid with terms and conditions signed and returned before your booking is guaranteed. Tentative bookings without a deposit paid and terms and conditions signed will only be held for a period of fourteen (14) days. Murray Gums Estate reserves the right to release any tentative bookings after fourteen (14) days. The $1000 deposit/bond will be refunded within (7) days of completion of the event providing there is no damage or loss to the property, or there were some additional charges from the day. Should there be additional charges to be passed on, then these will be discussed prior to arranging the refund.
- Please note Murray Gums reserves the right to revise its charges and inclusions at any time. Pricing is only held from 12 months of booking and is subject to change and passed on.
- Full payment of your event ($8900 or $2,900 plus the cost for any additional items chosen to be added on top of the venue price), is required at least thirty (30) days prior to your event date. Services will not be provided without the final payment being received.
- In the event additional items are required to be provided by the venue or other vendors for the event to proceed as planned, then you agree to allow Murray Gums Estate to make any decisions on your behalf on the day and any additional costs associated will be passed on to you post the event.
- Any additional charges need to be settled on departure.
- You are required to provide Murray Gums Estate in writing, the ‘Event Order’ particulars of all vendors, beverages, entertainment, technical requirements, room set-ups, and starting and finishing times in conjunction with your event. These details are required at least one (1) month before your event.
- The maximum number of guests permissible is 150 (plus staff).
- You must ensure that nothing is nailed, screwed, or adhered in any way to any wall, door, or another part of the building unless prior permission is granted by Murray Gums Estate.
- The timing of your event must be between the hours of 3:00 pm and 11:00 pm with the event concluding time strictly for 11:00 pm and no later. All guests must be reminded 15 minutes prior to 11:00 pm that the event is about to conclude and be prepared to leave when instructed by the venue and board the buses immediately for departure.
- At the time of your event, you must ensure you and your guests adhere to the NSW government requirements, and if required your vendors may need to supply a COVID safe plan or show proof of each person’s vaccination status.
- You must ensure if required, all guests and vendors check in to Murray Gums Estate upon arrival via the Service NSW app, and a full guest list of all names attending is provided at least 14 days prior to the event.
- The price paid to hire the venue includes an On-Day Coordinator who will be responsible for the following only:
- Meet and Greet with you the day prior to your event for up to 1.5 hours for a rehearsal and walk-through of finalising any last details.
- Personalised assistance with planning the finer details of your upcoming wedding ceremony and reception.
- Managing guests arriving on the day.
- Meet and greet with all vendors for ceremony and reception bump in and out (over 3 days only).
- On-Day Coordinating of wedding day timetable from start to finish with additional staff if required to ensure the whole wedding runs smoothly.
- Our staff will require a meal as the event time exceeds 3 hours. Please ensure 1 x staff meal is included within your head count and your caterers are made aware of this.
- All cancellations are required in writing and must be at least 30 days prior to your event.
- All deposits / payments are non-refundable.
- All cancellations requested due to COVID must be in writing and at least 30 days prior to your event. In the event it is to be cancelled due to COVID and is with notice the required 30 days notice your $1000 deposit/bond will be refunded.
CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF MURRAY GUMS ESTATE
- If Murray Gums Estate is unable to provide the facilities or any other arrangements for your event or any part thereof, or to otherwise perform the terms of this agreement and Murray Gums Estate’s failure is due to circumstances beyond its decision or control, Murray Gums Estate is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
- Murray Gums Estate is not responsible for any other vendors engaged by you and their service or products provided.
CONDUCT OF THE EVENT
- Your event must be conducted in an orderly and lawful manner.
- Murray Gums Estate may terminate your event if we reasonably believe that your event is not being conducted in an orderly and lawful manner.
- Although Murray Gums Estate is a working vineyard it is also a private residence/family home and you and your guests, therefore, must be respectful at all times. We too would appreciate you making our venue for your destination wedding a secret location.
- Murray Gums estate has no responsibility to you for any costs, damages, or expenses that you may incur in relation to the Murray Gums Estate termination of your event.
- Murray Gums Estate may exclude or remove any persons or possessions from your event or from Murray Gums Estate’s premises.
- Murray Gums Estate practices principles of responsible service of alcohol. Intoxicated persons will not be served alcohol and may be removed from the premises.
- Murray Gums Estate does not condone drug use and drugs are strictly prohibited at the premises.
- You and your guests must remain in the reception area at all times due to living edges at the river.
- No pets are allowed unless arranged prior. All pets agreed upon are only allowed during the wedding ceremony and must be removed off-site once the ceremony concludes.
- All cars used for your ceremony must be moved once the ceremony concludes to our designated parking area.
- Should a noise complaint be received past 10 pm the noise must be restricted as instructed by Murray Gums Estate.
- You are responsible for all clean up prior to removal of hirers’ equipment and it is expected you that arrange and pay for additional staff to clear all glassware and rubbish prior to the event concluding for the night. You are also required to return the morning after to collect any other items that may be yours and ensure the area is as you found it prior to the event. In failure to do so, Murray Gums Estate reserves the right to charge you a separate clean up fee.
- If rubbish removal exceeds a 2 cubic metre skip bin and we are charged excess tip fees then these fees will be passed on to you and deducted from your deposit refund.
- Where possible limited glassware is permitted. We suggest purchasing cans instead of glass bottles for beer, water and soft drinks.
- The use of confetti must be biodegradable.
- The use of candles/sparklers are permitted however are weather permitting and are at the discretion of the venue on the day of your event, if they can/can’t be used.
- Any glassware, cutlery or similar supplied by you is your responsibility and will not be cleaned by the venue staff.
- Should you decide to repurpose your ceremony furniture for your reception then this will need to be relocated by you and not the venue.
- Any hire companies attending Murray Gums Estate must provide a certificate of currency for public liability at least 14 days prior to the event.
- The event timeline for the hire of equipment onto Murray Gums Estate premises is 24 hours prior to the event and removal by 24 hours after the event or by a prior written arrangement.
- The onsite Catering Kitchen can be used for all onsite caterers excluding food trucks/trailers and if used must be cleaned by those utilising it prior to departure.
- Where goods or services are supplied by an external supplier additional terms and conditions may apply, such as additional deposits, earlier confirmation of final numbers, or cancellation fees. You are responsible for any fees that may apply in relation to the supplier’s terms and conditions.
ITEMS NOT COLLECTED
- Any items that have not been collected after the event will be disposed of within seven (7) days.
MURRAY GUMS ESTATE WAIVERS RESPONSIBILITY FOR:
- Theft, damage, or loss of any goods brought onto Murray Gums Estate Premises.
- Any introduction of food to the event and the effect thereafter.
- You acknowledge that any campers or structure/s located across the river obstructing the ceremony view are outside of Murray Gums Estates’ control.
- You acknowledge that although a dance floor is provided by the venue, it is the hirers responsibility to keep all their guests safe while utilising the dance floor by way of minimising drinks and glass ware.
LOSS AND DAMAGE TO THE MURRAY GUMS ESTATE PROPERTY
- You are responsible for all loss and damage to the property of Murray Gums Estate (including any fixtures, furnishings or goods on or off the premises) caused by or arising from any act or omission by you, your guests or any other persons attending your event. If this does occur it will be at the expense of the hirer and will be deducted from the original deposit/bond. Any leftover monies will be refunded 7 days after the rectification works are completed.
- There is NO parking at Murray Gums Estate, all guests must arrive and depart via bus transport only or by special arrangement.
- There is no access to Ubers and limited taxis to the Echuca/Moama area and therefore we suggest an earlier bus be arranged to depart the venue for any guests wanting to leave earlier than the finish time.
- No guests are allowed to arrive by boat or houseboat and too must arrive by bus only.
- Any cars left overnight are not the responsibility of Murray Gums Estate and must be collected the following morning and no later.
- Murray Gums Estate reserves the right to make any changes and/or improvements to the premises.
- Murray Gums Estate provides 3 fully self-contained toilets and 2 urinals. If required a disabled toilet is at the hirer’s expense.
- 10 amp power is available to the hired area only. Any extension leads that may be needed are to be provided by you.
Please read these terms & conditions carefully. If you do not understand any of the terms & conditions or have any questions, please discuss them with the Murray Gums Estate team. In paying the booking deposit, these terms and conditions are binding upon the client.
Legal Terms & Conditions
New South Wales: Liquor Act 2007.
It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
Liquor License Number: LIQW880014980
In paying the booking deposit, these terms and conditions are binding upon the client.
DOWNLOAD VENUE TERMS AND CONDITIONS